Saturday 21 March 2009

Holiday?

Well, I'm not sure about Mr Tickle, but I seem to have done more work recently then I did at work! (shhh, don't tell my boss).

Today and yesterday have seen me add removalist, seamstress, cross-stitcher, chef and IT help desk to my list of achievements, along with spending time with my niece, delivering paper work to my sister-in-law-to-be and visiting display homes! Man am I buggered!

The sorting out of boxes is going well. I must have thrown out 50% of what I came across. Mum said that I should just throw some things away and not let her know what they were (because then she would want to keep them), but there were a few things that I had to ask if she really wanted them thrown out and of course she didn't! These included baby clothes, dolls clothes, my Barbie Ferrari and all the lego etc. It was kinda cool going down memory lane but I'm glad that lots got thrown out too.

The coolest find was definately my recorder... the search continues for my music book. Technology certainly moves on and there were plenty of examples of antiques among this group, including:



The display homes I visited were very nice, very funky and modern. I'm not sure I would actually buy any of them, but one definately had appeal as I thought it was quite large with good sized bedrooms.

Mr Tickle has some random photos he wants uploaded...



sign at Coles ;-)




chicken sausages, dinner from the other night

I'm so pooped, might go watch Pirates of the Carribean with mum or just vege out and do n.o.t.h.i.n.g!

Oh yeah, the password reset thing worked a treat! Was a bit freaky - all that white text on black background, but I just followed the instructions and seemed to press all the right things as the password is gone and dad can now use the laptop (thank you Peter!!!!). I know the next thing will be that he'll want access to the wireless internet... but that is a job for another day!

PS. As you know, Mr Tickle needs to stay well hydrated in these hot conditions. For "sensational taste" Mr Tickle recommends...


No comments:

Post a Comment