Wednesday 11 March 2009

Off with the fairies...

Mr Tickle spent much of this morning with his head in the clouds. Late night, early morning and too much to think about!


But it appears to be evening again (it comes around quickly!) so not too much sitting around doing nothing went on. Lots of cross stitch got done and I even made a start on the curtains for the two bedrooms (ok, I measured the height and width of the windows, but it's a start).

Went back to the tile shop to buy some tiles for the ensuite. There were some examples of bathroom set ups and I was wondering if the following passes as a suitable basin or if the cupboards are still unacceptable:


Then there was this example (which was actually just a frame on the wall) and it struck me as the kind of designer thing in fancy magazines that no house would actually ever have... but no cupboards...


THEN I saw it... an actual example in the flesh of the concept of no cupboard around the basin (in Australia)... will this suffice? Actually, I think I like the designer one better.


Dinner tonight: chicken stuffed with spinach and pine nuts. I failed on the cheese sauce for the veggies the other night: no flour. I also noted this morning that there is no butter in the house. That's half the ingredients missing. Despite going to the shops this arvo (local lingo!!) to get food (I still love the fact my shopping bags are packed for me), butter still was forgotten so the toasting of pine nuts will have to take place without it, but I have a new non-stick pan to work with so it should be ok.

Didn't get to baby sit this morning, but I have a step-aunt (is that a title?) role of picking up Cain from the library tonight. Now... where is that library...

2 comments:

  1. I've worked it out...! Cupboards… It’s to stop dangerous creatures from hiding under the sink. That way if you drop your toothbrush, it will never end up in the dark recesses where nasty creatures may lurk…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting theory...

    You could always put your toothbrush on a rope and then if you drop it, just pull it up again and hope the nasty creature isn't attched to the end (this isn't fishing after all...)

    ReplyDelete